Saturday, February 23, 2013

Whatever Happened to Those Blog Features

There are a few standard blog features that have fallen by the wayside.  Perhaps some explanation is in order:

PA in the WSJ:  I used to note all the Pennsylvania-related stories in a week's worth of Wall Street Journals. For some time most of the news was bad.  No one likes reporting bad news, so I stopped.  Maybe I'll pick it up again later.

Bain in PA:  I started a series of posts about companies based in PA that received significant funding from Bain Capitol.  The first few were easy enough that was low-hanging fruit.  The others required a greater understanding of financial matters than I possess.  So I stopped.

Campaign finance reports:  Last year was a busy at work so there was less time for blogging.  Also there were not only the standard campaign reports, but some candidates had more than one committee.  Following    all the relevant committees would have required more time than I had available.  Maybe this year it will be more feasible.


No comments: