Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Endorsement for Mark Painter

from the inbox, a note from Mark Painter, Democratic candidate for the 146th  state house seat:

I want to share some important news with you. I have been endorsed by the Association of Pennsylvania State College and University Faculties.
The Association (APSCUF for short) represents the 6,000 faculty members and coaches of Pennsylvania's fourteen state-owned universities. Their endorsement means a lot to me and to my campaign. The politicians in Harrisburg have been making radical cuts to state support for our public universities. I think that's wrong. The members of APSCUF, who are on the front lines of public higher education agree with me. And they know I'll do something about it.

I was the son of a factory worker who got a shot at a university education and the chance to make something of myself. Today's young people deserve no less. Not to mention that an educated work force is more productive, boosts our economy, and makes all of us better off.

No comments: