Saturday, March 19, 2011

Philadelphia 57th Ward's St. Patrick's Event

This past Friday the Democrats of Philadelphia's 57th Ward held their first annual St. Patrick's Day event at Paddy Whack's Irish Pub (not the easiest place in the world to find). A number of candidates dropped by. While I was there Councilman Bill Green, Councilman Bill Greenlee, Andy Toy candidate for city council at large, Bobby Henon candidate for 6th district city council, David Wecht candidate for superior court, Mark Levy Montgomery County Prothonotary were in attendance, talking with people (some I could recognize, others I guessed at based on flyer photos). The tables had flyers for some of those running for office, as well as Sayde Ladov and Angelo Foglietta, candidates for judge of court of common pleas.

It was a little too loud to try and talk with people; I stayed and people watched for about half an hour. Other candidates / officials may have passed through before and after I was there.

[blogger's note: my thanks to the young man who sent me the invitation.]

No comments: