Thursday, December 24, 2009

Patrick Murphy on the Advocate

Last November PA Congressman Patrick Murphy was featured in an article in The Advocate on the military's "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" policy. (See "Straight Guys Tell," by Michael Joseph Gross. This month's Philadelphia Magazine published a comment from him on the article:

It was an honor. Sure, it comes with political risk. I won by .6 percent; I'm on the second Democrat ever to hold this seat. But I've been in Washington for three years, and I've learned that if you want to effect change, you have to get in people's faces. I'm going to say what I think -- I think people respect you if you stand on your own two feet and articulate why you think something is good for the country. Thought I did get in a little bit of trouble for using the F-bomb in that story. Mostly from my wife and mom.

No comments: