Monday, August 24, 2009

Verizon Update

No Internet for me today. About 1:00 p.m. I called Verizon just to confirm that they intended to have the phone back on today. Nope, the automated voice told me they were committed to having it back by 7 p.m. tomorrow and would I like to confirm the appointment. Appointment, what appointment? No one said anything about any appointment when Mr. J called it in Saturday morning. The system did let me connect to a real person who said that yes indeed someone needs to be home tomorrow because they might have to get in to the house. They can't tell me when tomorrow the service rep might come, but they can text me when someone is dispatched, although I will be responsible for any charges associated with that text. Given that text messages, like those electronic key fobs, are beyond my technical understanding, I declined. Plus, it wouldn't give me enough time to get home if I went to work. They can't call or anything apparently, because, I guess, you know, they aren't the phone company or anything and it's not like my cell phone is purchased through them as well.

However, if I will call tomorrow after 9 or 9:30 they might be able to give me a four hour window. How nice of them.

To be continued.

No comments: