Saturday, April 11, 2009

Driving a Prius

Recently I had the opportunity to drive a Prius. I've never driven a hybrid before so it was interesting. It doesn't feel any different on the road, though sometimes on the highway the engine seems to surge. The rear view window is smaller than I would like. The most striking difference to the driver is the lack of engine noise. You start it up by putting a small squarish black plastic case into the ignition, push in on the brake and push the "power" button. There is no key as we are accustomed to them. The only indication the car is on is the console display. The motor doesn't really make a sound. And, of course, the gas mileage is great.

1 comment:

Thomas said...

I used to be a valet and it would always trip me out to get into a car that makes no noise! So I would steal the change from those hippy hybrid owners.