Thursday, February 26, 2009

An Open Note to Amtrak

This blog post is in response to a phone survey I received this week. I like Amtrak's trains and take them whenever travel plans allow.

Amtrak should stick with running railroads and stay out of the survey business because the questions on the call were awful. There was an assumption that people knew the difference between Amtrak, Acela, the Metroliner, Northeast, and regional trains. Several of the questions did not allow for "not applicable." I was asked to rate Acela's service when I've never ridden Acela (the speedier trains are pricier also. I was also asked to rate car travel for safety, enjoyment, etc. Doesnt' that depend a lot on where you are going? Being stuck on the Schuylkill Expressway is no picnic, a country drive with good company and no deadlines is a lot of fun. The questions were just poorly designed.

The company calling, Western Watts(?) did a good job, though.

No comments: