Thursday, April 26, 2007

Democratic Presidential Debate Thoughts

I watched the Democratic Presidential candidates debate tonight. It was sufficiently engaging that I couldn't type and watch at the same time so there won't be any rough notes, just a few thoughts. The professional pundits will go over the candidates' remarks with a fine toothed comb so I'll stick to vague generalities.

Mike Gravel is a nut.

The candidate whose standing went up the most in my eyes was Dodd. I'll have to look into him further.

Obama did well.

Richardson uses too many expansive hand gestures and seemed ungainly somehow.

John Edwards did well I thought with the possible exception of the hedge funds question.

Biden and Kucinich were kind of washed out in comparison to the big three, with the exception of Biden's one word answer to the question of whether or not he could avoid making gaffes.

Clinton did well.

No comments: