Tuesday, January 03, 2006

No Resolutions Here

Unlike a lot of blogs I didn't have any end of year roundup. I did all my navel gazing in November on my blogiversary.

However, there are few things I'd like to share, lessons I end up learning over and over again but maybe if I put them in print it will be easier to retain the knowledge:

Mt. Dew and cranberry juice don't mix -- every other year or so I get this crazy idea that by mixing my Mt. Dew with something it will help me cut back (think of it as a non-alcoholic wine spritzer), and what I always come up with is cranberry juice, known for its medicinal qualities. In theory it should work. In practice, it does not. Trust me on this. It does not work for one second. The taste is indescribably bad. Do not try this at home (or anywhere else). Willpower is the only force you have against the Dew. I have cut back to two 20 oz bottles a week but that's as far as I can go.

Colored mascara -- again, every few years someone goes nuts. In this case the cosmetic industry. This is one of those years when you can buy rainbow shades of mascara. In a consumer frenzy I bought cobalt blue and some shade of green. Again, this does not work. Save your money.

As for the blog, I do have some plans for upcoming features and posts but prefer to spring them on you when you least expect it, because that's just the kind of wild and crazy charmer I am.

3 comments:

LVDem said...

My roomate in college was hooked on Lucky Charms and Mountain Dew (he claimed b/c he was Irish... lucky charms with the little guy in green and Mt Dew being that unnatural greenish color). His brilliant idea was to combine the two things he loved most... for breakfast one day he pour mountain dew over his lucky charms. He didn't eat either of those two products for another 6 months. Grossed him out that much.

AboveAvgJane said...

Eewwww, even I wouldn't try that one. Of course, he did have youth as an excuse; I don't have much to fall back on.

Anonymous said...

Jane -- forget the "dew". use 7-up, regular or diet -- the taste is great. PB