Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Meth.....

Remember the story this summer about the escaped convict who took a woman hostage and after they read her copy of "A Purpose-Filled Life" together and she made him pancakes, he turned himself in?

Check out a short, unobtrusive article on page A12 of today's Inky. Turns out she also gave him some methamphetamine. Yep, you read that right. Apparantly she just happened to have some in the house.

I wonder how many households in America have a copy of Rick Warren's book and some meth. Is it just in the spice cabinet? This was one of those news stories that just made me feel old and out of touch.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, that was a strange twist to that story. I guess I am old and out of touch as well... I never have meth sitting around. Hmm, coffee? Chips? Some meth???

Ol Cranky said...

they made pancakes?

AboveAvgJane said...

Green Lily, welcome and thank you for your comments. So you don't have any meth sitting around the house either, eh? Apparantly we are both just oo square for words.

Ol Cranky, I am pretty sure there were pancakes involved. If I can find a citation, I'll send it to you.