Saturday, April 30, 2005

Circus Ticket Sales

For 3 hours this afternoon I staffed a table in a mall selling circus tickets, with some of the proceeds going to a community group I support. Very few tickets were sold before I came on duty. For the first 2 hours I was there not a ticket was sold. Not a one. However, at the magic hour of 4 p.m., sales picked up dramatically. I hung around and did some errands and treated one of the little Janes to a horribly overpriced $4.00 ice cream cone. When I left at 6 p.m. sales had slowed but were still better than the pre-4 p.m. sales. Whether or not this data is transferrable to other situations is questionable, but, if you are selling circus tickets in a mall and want to see some action, go for a slot at 4 p.m. or later.

I had not been to the mall in over 6 months and either I have gotten older or malls and mall goers have gotten stranger. Plus, the observations of some of those around me are definitely correct -- my wardrobe is out of style.

No comments: