Saturday, April 16, 2005

Campaign Web Site Blahs

At the end of last month I received an email from Democracy for America; the last part of the message highlighted three candidates for office around the country, naming them as part of the DFA-List. The last was Leanna Washington, currently a state rep, a candidate in the special election to fill the state senate seat vacated by Allyson Schwartz when she was elected to Congress. Interestingly, the DFA-List email listed three fairly important endorsements for Rep. Washington. There was also a link to her web site, leanna4pasenate. I clicked the link and took a look. The three endorsements were only mentioned as part of a list of article or press release links. No mention of the specific endorsements on the main screen (the reason I’m not giving them by name is, heck, if that aren’t important enough for her to mention by name there’s no reason for me to). I checked back this week. There is a big ad for the DFA-List inclusion, but the endorsements are still only a headline link. Did I miss something, ladies and gentlemen? Did I blink and this became rocket science? So many political web sites just plain poorly done. For something innovative and unusual, take a look at Seth Williams’ site; he is a candidate for Philadelphia DA. If you look at the form the site uses to take people’s contact information, there is a blank for a list of other organizations you belong to or are active in. I have never seen that before and it is a very smart addition. Somebody over there is thinking. I’m very impressed.

No comments: